UPMC Pain Medicine Division Seeking BC/BE Fellowship-trained Interventional Pain Physician to Join Rapidly Growing Practice
The UPMC (University of Pittsburgh Medical Center) Pain Medicine Division is seeking a BC/BE fellowship-trained interventional pain physician to join a rapidly growing group practice at multiple locations in the Pittsburgh metropolitan area. The University of Pittsburgh-affiliated position presents a great opportunity to join other physicians in a state-of-the-art outpatient facility (which includes inpatient services) and pursue research interests, with four or five days a week of clinical effort. Competitive compensation includes salary, incentives, benefits, retirement, and malpractice insurance.
About the UPMC Pain Medicine Division:
The UPMC Division of Pain Medicine is a program of comprehensive clinical, research, and educational components committed to the evaluation and treatment of the entire range of pain, disability, and rehabilitation concerns. The division offers an interdisciplinary team approach that includes dedicated professionals from several different specialties, including anesthesiology, nursing, occupational therapy, physical therapy, psychology, psychiatry, and neurology. This multidimensional treatment approach addresses the complex interaction between biological, psychological, and social factors in the perception and management of pain.
- Evaluating and diagnosing pain disorders and formulating appropriate treatment plans such as interventions or medical management
- Evaluating patients with a multidisciplinary team to determine which candidates are appropriate for multimodal treatment plans
- Considering neuromodulation in the treatment plan and helping to grow this service
- Providing quality of care in a professional manner
- Practicing and living the UPMC core values and the division’s strategic plan
- Pennsylvania medical license
- ABA Certification in Pain Management
About the City of Pittsburgh:
- Voted the “#1 Sports City in the Nation” in 2009 by Sporting News, with the Steelers, Pirates, and Penguins
- Offers some of Pennsylvania’s best golfing, skiing, hunting, and fishing experiences
- Diverse population with top-notch schools and family-oriented townships
- To learn more about life in the “Most Livable City” visit coolpgh.edu or www.visitpittsburgh.com
Address: UPMC Mercy, St. Margaret, Passavant, Presbyterian/Shadyside, and Horizon locations.
Interested candidates should apply by sending their curriculum vitae and three letters of recommendation via email to Ajay Wasan, MD, MSc at firstname.lastname@example.org and Shannon Morrissey, MSCL at email@example.com.